This May will mark my second trip to the SFWA Nebula awards conference, this year in Pittsburgh, PA, and my first experience being part of the programming.
So, what will I be doing? The answer is, maybe more than this, as the schedule is finalized, but for now, I’ll be part of their “Office Hours” programming. If you’re coming to Pittsburgh and looking for someone with a knack for the following, I’m your Huckleberry:
- Insights into teaching sf/f & running successful workshop groups
- Blowing up story concepts
- World-building from a random theoretical premise (scientific or others; try me – you’ll be surprised)
- Flash fiction critiques
- Fight scenes & hand-to-hand combat
- Refining dialogue
- Tea (yes, tea is a skill set, and I have the receipts, my friends)
I hope to see lots of you there.
Look for a follow-up post from me in the coming weeks about programming I’ll be part of at Readercon this July in Quincy, MA. It’s going to be a very busy spring and summer!